KILLING PAIN WITHOUT PAINKILLERS
“STOP TAKING PAINKILLERS!!” is a somewhat surprising thing for me to say to you, especially when you consider that I am a pharmacist and also manager of one of Northern Ireland’s busiest pharmacies.
However here are some FACTS that the medical profession and big pharmaceutical companies don’t want you to know:
• Long term use of simple “over-the-counter” painkillers can be FATAL.
• In the UK alone, prescription painkillers taken at the recommended dose account for over 2,500 deaths each year.
• Painkillers are among the most ADDICTIVE drugs known to man.
• Painkillers cause serious side effects and can have hazardous interactions with other life-saving medicines.
If you are unfortunate enough to suffer from a medical condition which causes you pain and you regularly take painkillers to treat it, then what you have just read above might well cause you to feel a bit alarmed. And well it should! Those very tablets, capsules or liquids that you take to relieve your aches and pains are probably doing you more harm than good.
My name is David Lightbody and I am a community pharmacist who lives and works in Northern Ireland. I have been a fully qualified pharmacist since 1995.
Over the last few years more and more patients have asked me about alternative and complementary remedies for their pain management plan. With increasing numbers of patients becoming dependant on painkillers and worryingly addicted to them, I decided to take a closer look.
The truth is that many complementary and alternative remedies work just as well, if not better than pharmaceutical painkillers and in almost every case they are safer, have fewer adverse effects and have no issues with dependence or addiction.
DO YOU SUFFER FROM ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ?
• Rheumatoid Arthritis
• Lower back pain
• Sciatica (Sciatic nerve pain)
• Shoulder pain
• Neck pain
• Knee pain
• Menstrual Pain
• Muscular pain
• Neuropathic pain (Nerve pain)
• Bone pain
If you suffer from any of these conditions or indeed any other painful medical condition, then I have found a range of fantastic remedies that will bring you the relief you have been looking for without having to resort to popping more painkillers.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE HIGHLIGHTS FROM MY BOOK:
• The world’s most powerful painkiller! It’s something completely natural and you have it right at your fingertips – if only you knew how to use it. I will show you exactly how to use it and enjoy its amazing pain relieving power!
• The complimentary therapy which helped one of my patients with sciatica to manage her pain without resorting to the large doses of opiate painkillers she had been using for months.
• How a trip to your local spa could relieve your pain – in more ways than one.
• The techniques you can learn to use yourself to give you powerful relief from pain as well as stress, anxiety and depression.
• Why I regularly recommend herbal remedies to my patients and a huge list of which ones work best to relieve almost any type of pain. There is definitely something here which will work for you!
• How a famous stage show could unlock the secret to relieving your pain.
• This gentle exercise might be over 5000 years old but it eased my back pain – and gave me a great night’s sleep!
• The two people you definitely want to see if you have chronic pain in your back and one that you definitely don’t!
• Why the answer to treating your pain could be somewhere completely different from where the pain actually is.
• The amazing technique used by Tibetan Monks to survive hypothermia and how you can use it to relieve pain.
• How to take back control of your body and control how you experience pain.
• The complementary therapies and alternative remedies that DON’T work. This is not about giving “carte blanche” to all complementary medicine.